Mediven®️ Cotton is an excellent choice for individuals who need medical compression stockings but also want an environmentally responsible product that is gentler on the skin.
With its combination of organic cotton and recycled polyamide, mediven®️ Cotton is a sustainable and blissfully comfortable option for those who need compression therapy.
Feel the difference. Make a difference
Feel the difference: Optimum combination of natural and functional fibres – for a natural and pleasant skin sensation.
Medical compression stockings come in various materials; however, not all suit individuals with sensitive or allergic skin. That's why mediven®️ ️ Cotton is an excellent option for those needing compression therapy but also want a gentle, on-the-skin, comfortable wearable.
We are committed to sustainability and social responsibility. In addition to using GOTS-certified organic cotton and GRS-certified recycled polyamide yarn in our products, medi also has a recycle-used compression stockings program that reduces waste and provides a valuable resource for producing new products.
Make a difference: Organic cotton and recycled materials – responsibility for people and the environment
mediven®️ Cotton is a circular knitted medical compression stocking with 27 percent genuine organic cotton. The product is used for compression – among other things - in treating complaints and diseases of the leg venous system.
These include chronic venous diseases of stages I to II according to Widmer or C0s to C4 according to CEAP, the initial phase following varicose therapy, congestion problems, oedema during pregnancy, nausea in pregnancy and thrombosis prophylaxis for mobile patients.
mediven®️ Cotton is a new product from medi, which specialises in developing and producing medical compression stockings. medi has led the compression therapy market for over 70 years and is known for its commitment to innovation, quality, and sustainability.
- Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), stage I to II according to Widmer or C0s – C4 according to CEAP
- The initial phase following varicose therapy
- Congestion problems and oedema during pregnancy
- Postoperative reperfusion oedema
- Post-traumatic, postoperative, occupational, and medicinally induced oedema
- Oedema due to immobility
- Superficial venous thrombosis
- Condition after thrombosis, postthrombotic syndrome
- Thrombosis prophylaxis in mobile patients
- Inflammatory dermatoses of the legs
* Selecting the ideal compression stockings depends on the indication and the patient's needs.
Medical compression clothing may not be worn if the patient has the following conditions:
- advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- decompensated heart diseases (NYHA III + IV)
- septic phlebitis
- Phlegmasia coerulea dolens
In the following instances, the therapeutic decision should be made by weighing up the benefits and risks and by selecting the most suitable compressive equipment:
- concomitant dermatoses
- intolerance to compression stocking fabric
- sensory disturbances of the limb
- advanced peripheral neuropathy
- primary chronic arthritis